Friday, September 12, 2014

Cocoa-Roach Ice Cream

Life is all about the decisions we make. 
The hard, put-one-foot-in-front-of-the-other decisions.
The I-have-to-remake-this-decision-every-hour decisions.
The why-me? decisions.
The oh-this-is-gonna-be-FUN decisions.
The oh-boy-I-never-saw-this-coming decisions.
The well...huh. decisions.

I made a decision recently. Really, it was the only obvious choice, because... DUH.
But it might not look that way to you. I'll let you decide.

I made chocolate ice cream. 
And, as I poured the cocoa into the pan with the other ingredients... This.


Do you see it? It is a beautiful specimen of a cocoa-coated cockroach.

I'm not a screamy bug-hating sort of girl, but cockroaches... Just... No. 

However, this is the point where I had to make a decision. 

You see, in that pan was a can of sweetened condensed milk, a box of cream, quite a bit of milk, chocolate, sugar, etc... Items worth a fair amount of money here. 
Also, items that require a town trip to procure. 
A town trip I had just taken... And would not take again for 6 weeks.

So, you see, if I chose to throw out this pan because of one measly crunchy cocoa cockroach, I would be choosing to forgo ice cream for Six. Weeks. 

Hence, the obvious decision. I fished that cockroach out of that pan and deposited it in the rubbish (see above picture). And carried on with my ice cream-making. 



But, of course, it would be wrong to share that ice cream, contaminated as it was. So Morgan and I sacraficed ourselves for the greater good, and ate it all. 

Tough decisions, people.
Tough decisions. 

1 comment:

  1. You, my dear Danielle, have shown your world that, indeed, your priorities are pristinely set in the proper order. Well done!

    ReplyDelete